The 2020 Cruise Milford Take a Kid Fishing is being held on Saturday 24th October at McGregors Pond (note, no Friday this year).
This is a chance for children aged 11 years and under to give fishing a go. The competition is held on Saturday only this year, beginning at 7.30am through till 6pm. There are expert anglers on hand to help with setting up rods and lines and to give a few tips on how to fish. They will also help to pull in the big one! The pond is stocked with fish in the days leading up to the competition giving everyone the best chance to bag a fish.
Entrants recieve a goodie bag of snacks for the day (note, no free fishing rods this year sorry).
McGregors Pond is just out of Te Anau and the Take a Kid Fishing is well sign posted making it easy to find.
Don't forget to get the kids to do the colouring competition (will be loaded very soon). All the kids can enter, not just the ones entered in the Fishing Classic and Take a Kid Fishing. Categories are 4 years & under, 5 - 7 years, 8 years & over.
- This event will take place 7.30am and 6pm on Saturday 24 October 2020.
- The venue will be advised to entrants when they register.
- Note: All entrants must register prior to beginning fishing.
- Only children aged 11 years and under as at the 1st of October 2020 are eligible to enter this section of the Tournament.
- Participants must have a current fishing licence. Licences for Children (under 12 years on Oct 1) will be available at time of registration.
- All children entering this event must have a parent or guardian accompany them during the event. This event is not to be treated as a baby sitting service.
- A number of experienced fisherman will be on hand to advise, assist and supervise.
- Prizegiving will be held at the Te Anau Rugby Club at 2.00pm Sunday 25 October (in the case of wet weather, prize giving will be moved to the Fiordland Community Event Centre).
- Only 1 fish per entrant is to weighed in.
- Weigh in will be available at McGregor's Pond between 9am and 6pm on Saturday 25 October.
- Any child that lands 2 fish, kept or not, must retire as per the Fish & Game regulations for McGregor Pond.
- While we will be encouraging “Catch & Release”, no injured fish are to be returned to the water.
- No fish caught in the Take A Kid Fishing competition may be entered in the Te Anau Manapouri Fishing Classic competition.
- Children are encouraged to pre enter on our website, but may also enter at the Te Anau Rugby Grounds on Friday 23 of October between 2pm and 9pm or on Saturday 24 of October at McGregor's Pond between 9am and 4pm.
- Any dispute regarding the interpretation of these rules shall be decided by the organising committee whose decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.