The Te Anau Enduro is a fun, friendly event for competitive and recreational people.
Compete hard or enter for fun, there’s something for everyone in the fantastic new event format, the Te Anau Enduro. This is a multi-lap style Multisport Enduro based right at beautiful Lake Te Anau. Complete as many laps as you can either solo or in a team of friends. See everyone between laps as you return through the bustling central transition area by the Marakura Yacht Club.
The 2017 Te Anau Enduro will be held on the 11th March 2017. See you there!
In short what you need to know!
Unsure of what the Te Anau Enduro really is? Let's break it down:
- 3 separate lap tracks (kayak, mountain bike and run)
- Each lap takes roughly 30minutes to complete. Therefore, lap distances vary based on average speed of exercise mode.
- You can do what ever lap you want to do , whenever! If you don't want to kayak you don't have to! You can run the run track for the whole 4 or 8 hours if you wanted.
- 1 transition area that you must pass through after each lap so your transponder can record what lap number you are on.
- You will have your own wee transition area so you put up your feet for smoko, lunch and afternoon tea between laps if you wish.
- "Sport" categories are for the average Jo, "Legend" categories are for the elite, and teams can have a maximum of 3 in them.
8-hour Multisport Enduro
- Legends, solo Male or Female
- Sport, solo (Male or Female) and teams
4-hour solo and team options
More information about the categories can be found here.
Kayak (flat water)
Run (off road)
The total prize pool is $5,000 CASH for the feature races plus a $1,000 Ray White Perpetual Real Estate spot prize which is open to all categories.
The transition area is at the Marakura Yacht Club where spectators can support the entrants while soaking up the scenic beauty of the lake and mountains. Please note there is no camping at the transition area, for accommodation options please have a look at our accommodation options.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Updates will be on the Te Anau Enduro Facebook page so be sure to find it and like it to keep up to date.