This page contains information about the rules and conditions of entry into fishing competition. You can also download a copy of this page in PDF document form.
- All Participants in the 2012 Stabicraft Yamaha Te Anau Manapouri Fishing Classic shall have a current fishing licence.
- Only 1 fish per individual or 4 fish per family may be weighed in.
- No person shall enter in more than 1 category.
- Fish shall only be taken from the waters and shoreline of Lakes Te Anau and Manapouri and the Upper Waiau.
Note: Inflowing tributaries are closed for fishing and are specifically excluded from the Tournament.
- All rules as set out by Fish and Game for the waters of Lake Te Anau and Manapouri shall be adhered to.
- No Fish are to be caught prior to 7.00am on Saturday the 20th of October.
- No fish will be accepted at the weigh in after 2.00pm Sunday the 21st of October.
- Fish ARE to be gutted but not beheaded prior to weighing in.
- All entrants must be present at the prize giving in order to claim a prize.
- No unpaid entries will be issued with Weigh In Tickets.
- All participants must register to receive Weigh In Tickets prior to commencing fishing.
- If you fail to register and collect your Weigh In Tickets then you will be ineligible for any prizes.
- All Prizes, except the major prize, are to be allocated by mystery Factors which will be set by Southland Fish and Game and held in sealed envelopes until the prize giving.
- Prizes will be drawn under Police Supervision. The major prize of the Trip to Alaska will be by barrel draw from every registered adult licence holder who weighs in a fish.
- No fish taken from the Take a Kid Fishing Experience shall be eligible for any prizes except those specifically allocated to the Take a Kid Fishing Experience Section.
- Breach of these rules may lead to participants being disqualified from the tournament.
- Members of the organising committee are ineligible for any prize.
- In entering this tournament you agree to hold free of liability all members of the organising committee, their sponsors and associates. No correspondence will be entered into.
Note! All prizes are to be allocated on Mystery factors
Please consider a Catch and Release policy for any fish you will not be weighing in.