The following information should be read by all entrants and all those wishing to take part.
Tournament Rules - 2018
Entry Forms are available online and must be completed online or be in the hands of the organisers by 5.00pm on Thursday 31 May 2018 at the latest. You will be required to provide your Team Indemnity Form at the time of entry. These must be signed and for those entering online a printed name will be deemed as signed.
- A maximum of 4 people per team.
- Hunters can be entered in one team only.
- Team members names must be confirmed on the entry form by 5.00pm Thursday 31 May 2018. No changes allowed after this time.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- All fees to be paid in full at time of entry to be eligible to enter competition.
- Entries will be limited to 50 adult teams
- Winners must be willing to provide photographs and feedback on their trip with Te Anau Helicopter Services for promotional purposes.
Firearms and Licences
- All firearms regulations must be obeyed.
- All Firearms must be secured and stowed in accordance with the Firearms regulations when not being used.
- Necessary permits, licenses, and landowners permission must be obtained.
- Hunting may commence 7.00pm on Thursday 31 May 2018. NO hunting is permitted before this time.
- Catchment area is Southland & Otago wide.
- Only one deer, one pig and one trout per team to be entered.
- All animals must be wild; that is born wild, lived wild and caught wild.
- No shooting from helicopters.
- No Wapiti type animals.
- The decision to launch a boat is solely at the discretion of the skipper. All boaties are urged to comply with normal safety procedure (life jackets, radios etc.) and Maritime NZ Safety Rules
Weigh-in & prize giving
- Weigh in to be held at Te Anau Rugby Clubrooms, Dusky St, Te Anau 12 - 2pm, Sunday 3 June 2018.
- Final weigh in time 2pm. Animals to be presented or in the queue before 2pm deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- To be eligible for the major prize you must present one of each species at weigh-in.
- Major prize to be decided by a point system, and will be explained in full on the website and on the Entry Detail form.
- In the event of a draw, the first team to weigh in will be deemed the winner.
- Hunters must be present to claim any prize and a valid firearms license must be presented before the winner will receive a gun as a prize.
- All animals entered to be presented by the entrant/s.
- All game to be gutted and presented in fresh edible condition at time of weigh in. All organs and internal matter to be removed and ready for processing. All game to be presented with hocks on, heads attached, testicles removed and throats clean. Fish to be gutted only. Weigh master can decline any animal should they deem it rotten or doubt its eligibility.
- All Pigs & Deer MUST be ears on, ears intact, clean and have no marks. If requested, proof of where and when the animal was taken needs to be supplied including GPS co-ordinates of the Gut Bag.
- Tails and antlers belong to the team that entered the animal. Anyone taking other entrant tails and antlers will be reported to the police as it is deemed to be theft. However, teams have the opportunity to donate to the committee for fundraising purposes.
- If you wish to leave throats intact for mounting purposes, please note that 5% will be taken off the total weight.
- All game to be left on display until after prize giving. Please remove your entries after prize giving.
- Judges decision will be final
- Anyone acting in a dangerous or unlawful manner will have their entry terminated
- Breach of these rules may lead to participants being disqualified from the tournament
- All dogs must be secured in vehicles at the Te Anau Rugby Grounds
- Children to be 15 years and younger.
- Children's hares/rabbits and possums do not need to be gutted at the time of entry.
- Please gut the fish.
- Children’s fish to be any type of fish. However, NO EELS are able to be accepted.
In entering this tournament you agree to hold free of liability all members of the Te Anau Community Events Charitable Trust, Te Anau Rugby Club and their employees, volunteers, organising committee, all sponsors and associates.
No correspondence will be entered into.
The Fiordland Big 3 committee reserve the right to decline an individual or team from entering the competition.